What a gorgeous treat I have for your today. Three ‘Case the Catty’ Projects! Greetings Cards and Gift Bag made with the Party Panda Stamp Set (free with Sale-A-Bration offer). Make one or make all three. 🙂
Greetings Cards and Gift Bag
- Stamp panda on to Whisper White Cardstock using Tuxedo Black Memento Inkpad.
- A little Berry Burst and Pool Party ink on the party hat and a little Powder Pink on the panda cheeks just completes him beautifully.
- Fussy cut the panda using your ever so sharp Paper Snips.
- Stamp the balloon from the other panda stamp on to Whisper White Cardstock. You will fussy cut this out to fit in to the paw of your first panda.
- Colour balloons by using Blender Pens and Pool Party Inkpad. Alternatively you could use the fab new Stampin’ Blends or the Watercolour Pencils.
- Cut a piece of Whisper White Cardstock 4.5cm x 6.5cm and stamp the little star/diamond/dots on to it using Smoky Slate inkpad. You could add some beautiful Basic Rhinestone Jewels to bring the sparkle to the party!
- Using your Paper Snips, trim the top to create a tag shape. Adhere the assembled panda to the tag using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp the Happy Birthday sentiment on to some Pool Party Cardstock using Pool Party Inkpad and cut out using your Paper Snips. Adhere the sentiment to the front of the panda using Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
The Gift Bag:
- The completed tag can simply be adhered directly to the Gusseted Cellophane Bag (7.6cm x 15.2cm) with either Fast Fuse or Tear Tape.
- Fill the bag with treats and tie closed using Solid Bakers Twine – Whisper White.
Don’t you just love how it all coordinates! What a gorgeous little treat bag!
Greetings Card – Happy Birthday:
- Cut a cardbase from Pool Party cardstock using your Stampin’ Trimmer. For Whisper White C6 envelope I cut to 21cm x 14.8cm and score and fold at 10.5cm.
- Choose your two pieces of gorgeous DSP from the Tutti Frutti Designer Series Paper Pack. Cut the top piece 10.5cm x 9.5cm and cut the bottom piece 10.5cm x 5.5cm. Adhere to the card front, overlapping the top over the bottom to ensure a nice clean join with no gaps. My ‘go to’ adhesive is always my Multipurpose Liquid Glue as it gives me a couple of seconds to get everything correctly positioned before it fixes. I always need that bit of wiggle time. 🙂
The Panda and Balloons:
- Stamp the little balloon panda on to Whisper White Cardstock 5cm x 12cm using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink (or Basic Black Archival Ink). Colour his cheeks with a little Powder Pink ink.
- Now you can either …. stamp the balloon (minus string) on to Lemon-Lime Twist, Bermuda Bay and Pool Party Cardstock or stamp it on to Whisper White Cardstock and colour the balloons in using those colours.
- Then stamp the little shapes on to the balloons using the coordinating inkpad. Or use the Marker to Stamp technique if you don’t have the inkpads. (if you don’t know what the Marker to Stamp technique is let me know and I will show you).
- Fussy cut the balloons using your Paper Snips and adhere to the artwork piece using Multipurpose Liquid Glue. (please note – the balloon in the forefront could be mounted on a Stampin’ Dimensional to give added effect).
- Stamp Happy Birthday on to Basic Black cardstock using Versamark Inkpad (pretreat the card with the Embossing Buddy to avoid excess embossing powder sticking). Pour White Embossing Powder over the stamped piece and heat set with your Heat Tool. Cut the sentiment with your Paper Snips and adhere to your artwork.
- Mount the completed artwork to your prepared cardbase using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Don’t forget to make (and decorate) an insert for your card. I would cut a piece of Whisper White Cardstock to 9.5cm x 13.8cm for this purpose.
Greetings Card – Hi:
The greeting card illustrated is smaller than the previous card. For this purpose you would need to have the Envelope Punch Board to make a bespoke envelope.
If you did want to do this the dimensions are as follows:
- Crumbcake Cardbase 17.8cm x 12.7cm score and fold at 8.9cm. To make envelope cut card/paper to 18cm x 18cm and punch and score at 10.3cm.
However I will work on the basis of a standard A6 card/C6 envelope for this post.
- Cut Crumbcake Cardstock 21cm x 14.8cm score and fold at 10.5cm.
- Stamp using Crumbcake Inkpad and Burlap Stamp to create background. (available in woodmount or clearmount)
- On the card illustrated, stitching has been added. This gives an extra bit of texture that I love. I’m useless with a sewing machine though!
- Stamp the standing panda using Basic Black Archival Inkpad or Tuxedo Black Memento Inkpad. Colour his cheeks with a little Powder Pink ink.
- Stamp ‘Hi’ on to the envelope the panda is holding using black ink. Colour slightly using Pool Party ink.
Cutting and Embossing:
- Die cut Stitched Circle (6cm) from Pool Party Cardstock. You will add a couple of little Rhinestone Basic Jewels to this later.
- Cut Whisper White Cardstock 9cm x 4.5cm to create a banner by cutting in with your Paper Snips. Stamp ‘Love You’ all over this using Powder Pink ink.
- Cut Powder Pink Cardstock 13.8cm x 5.5cm and use the Simple Stripes Textured Impressions Embossing Folder to create striped detail. (You will need to own a Big Shot Die Cutting Machine – or similar – to do this)
- Cut in to banner shape with your Paper Snips.
- Assemble as illustrated, using Multipurpose Liquid Glue and Dimensionals. Don’t forget to add the Whisper White Bakers Twine and Rhinestone Basic Jewels for those finishing touches. And of course an insert for your card. 🙂
I hope you’ve enjoyed this post.
Don’t forget to subscribe to my Newsletter
…….to keep fully updated on tips, tricks, tutorials and offers. Just leave your name and best email in the handy Sign Up box.
Oh and by the way, I’m working on a  tab for my blog showing all techniques for reference so just leave me a comment for any technique that you would like to see and I will work on it for you.
Thanks for stopping by today. Until next time. xx
Check out below for more inspiration. 🙂
I’ve created a handy list of products that will inspire you. If you would like to know more about them simply click on the pictures directly.
You might want to check out the colouring solutions I mentioned earlier:
- Party Pandas Wood-Mount Stamp Set 
- Burlap Wood-Mount Stamp Set 
- Pool Party Classic Stampin’ Pad 
- Lemon Lime Twist A4 Cardstock 
- Card Stock A4 Bermuda Bay 
- Crumb Cake A4 Card Stock 
- Powder Pink A4 Cardstock 
- Basic Black A4 Card Stock 
- Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad 
- Basic Black Archival Stampin’ Pad 
- Versamark Pad 
- Berry Burst Classic Stampin’ Pad 
- Pool Party Classic Stampin’ Pad 
- Powder Pink Classic Stampin’ Pad 
- Smoky Slate Classic Stampin’ Pad 
- Lemon Lime Twist Classic Stampin’ Pad 
- Bermuda Bay Classic Stampin’ Pad 
- Crumb Cake Classic Stampin’ Pad 
- Paper Snips Scissors 
- Blender Pens 
- Rhinestone Basic Jewels 
- Stampin’ Dimensionals 
- Liquid Multipurpose Glue 
- Gusseted Cellophane Bags 
- Fast Fuse Adhesive 
- Tear & Tape Adhesive 
- Twine Baker’s Whisper White 
- Whisper White C6 Envelopes 
- Tutti-Frutti 6″ X 6″ (15.2 X 15.2 Cm) Designer Series Paper 
- Embossing Buddy 
- White Stampin’ Emboss Powder 
- Heat Tool – Uk Plug 
- Envelope Punch Board 
- Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies 
- Simple Stripes Textured Impressions Embossing Folder 
- Big Shot