Please note; this page is Work In Progress so please accept my apologies if you’re not accessing what you need right now. I promise I’m working very hard to get this page and accompanied links and videos completed ASAP so watch this space. Thank you for your patience. LW
In all tasks worth doing, it is important to have the basic ‘know how’ and right tools for the job.
I’m delighted to say that in Paper Crafting, you can start making your own beautiful creations with very few tools and materials. And I’m here to help you with the ‘Know How’!
By the time you’ve enjoyed these 3 short, free classes, you will learn what those skills and tools are, and you’ll be ….
- creating projects that you are delighted with
- feeling good about your growing skills and ready to take it to the next level
- impressing friends and family with your skills
- able to share your skills with your family and friends, having quality time together crafting
- able to support your charity of choice with money that you can make using your wonderful craft skills
and on, and on!
Your new found ‘know how’ is going to take you to a wonderful world of crafting pleasure, so make sure to sign up to my Newsletter too, for regular updates, hints, tips and tutorials.
‘Know How’ straight to your Inbox! 🙂 You will even receive a Free digital gift to enjoy.
Ready to start? Let’s get on with it then.
The following are some short product video tutorials to give you some valuable knowledge on basic tools etc required to get you started.
Following on that you will access three Beginners FREE Classes for you to enjoy.
At the start of each class you will have a list of basic products or tools that you will require to do the projects.
You can of course substitute Stamps and Ink/Card colours for something similarly appropriate.
If you’ve already mastered the skills of Class 1, then check out Class 2.
If you already have the skills of Class 2, then skip to Class 3.
And if you’ve already mastered the lot, then you must check out my suggestions below on how to purchase your craft materials wisely and cost effectively.
The Important Basics For Your Card Crafting:
The Stampin’ Trimmer
This very short video will show you the fantastic benefits of the Stampin’ Trimmer. Hand on heart, it’s the best trimmer I’ve ever used. It’s perfect for cutting those super impressive apertures AND it also scores your cardstock, therefore making it a fantastically useful and great value product!
Check it out and you will see why I love it so much. 🙂
NB: the U.K Stampin’ Trimmer differs very slightly as the ruler measures in centimetres and inches. The movable ruler, where the blades run, measures in centimetres.
Doesn’t that make your cutting and scoring so much easier! Now for more fun. 🙂
The next short video will explain to you the difference between Clear Mount, Wood Mount and Photopolymer Stamps. It’s fantastic that you have so many options thereby allowing you to choose the stamp type that suits you best. My personal preference is Clear Mount or Photopolymer as these work amazingly with my Stamparatus Stamp Placement Tool. Don’t worry, all will become clear as you learn with me. There’s nothing too taxing in learning Card Crafts. 🙂
NB: the style of the Stamp Case Artwork has changed just this year however the cases and stamps remain exactly the same type.
- WOOD-MOUNT STAMPS
The high-quality wood-mount rubber stamps are precut and come with farmed-maple wood blocks. Mount these stamps permanently on the blocks and they’re ready to go when you are. The premium red rubber will last for years and give a crisp, clear stamped impression each time.
- CLEAR-MOUNT STAMPS
The high-quality clear-mount stamps are made of the same high-quality rubber as our wood-mount stamps, but they’re repositionable. Temporarily mount these precut stamps on clear blocks for stamping, then remove them for space-saving storage. You’ll only need one set of blocks for all your clear-mount stamps (blocks sold separately).
- PHOTOPOLYMER STAMPS
The top-quality photopolymer stamps are entirely transparent for perfect image placement, and they adhere well to our clear blocks. They’re flexible and easy to line up, giving you even more creative possibilities with each set. You can mix and match, bend, and layer images easily. You’ll only need one set of blocks for all your photopolymer stamps (blocks sold separately).
What was it that made me fall in love with Stampin’ Up!
….. it was the clever Colour Family product coordination that made my stamping experience the best it could be. 🙂
This goes WAY beyond just paper and ink as you will come to learn. However, today we will start with the fantastic Classic Stampin’ Pads. This short video will show you what they are and how to use them. You will learn more once we come to making your projects today in Class 1. (oh how I would love to add captions to John’s facial expression below!) 🙂
- The unique firm foam ink pads have a flip top for upside-down storage, keeping the ink right where you need it and providing even coverage for your stamps.
- The water-based dye ink is fast-drying and acid-free (safe to use with photos).
- And of course you can re-ink Stampin’ Pads to keep just the right consistency.
The Cardstock and Paper
- The classic 216 gsm cardstock is an excellent, sturdy choice for card bases or layers and accents.
- The cardstock is dyed all the way through and is acid- and lignin-free which means it’s safe for memory keeping.
- The paper offering also includes Designer Series Paper in many beautiful designs and colours that often coordinate with other products in the catalogue.
- This includes speciality papers to meet different paper crafting needs as well. From Watercolor Paper and Vellum Cardstock to Glimmer Paper and Foil Sheets, there are lots of finishes and textures to play with and add to your projects.
You don’t need a video to show you all the beautiful cardstock, ink and product coordinations. Below shows you how beautiful the colour families are. Cardstock, ink and many other products come coordinated to make it so very much easier for you to choose the right colours for your beautiful projects. It’s super easy to get your crafting beautifully coordinated with the fabulous Stampin’ Up! Colour Families.
There’s loads more information further down the page however if you wish to get started on the tutorials, then you can access them in the tutorial links below.
Class 1: Get some ‘Know How’ and Impress Yourself!
In this section you will …..
- Practice using the Stampin’ Trimmer, Stamps and Inks.
- Learn a very basic rule of card design that will keep you right each and every card project.
- Check out two very simple card designs, with sketches supplied to create your own.
Class 2: Let’s step it up a bit and give that ‘Know How’ a bit of a boost!
In this section you will …..
- Understand the basic terminology of cardcrafts.
- Add some matting and layering to your projects.
- Let’s see what you remember about the basic rule of card design.
- See how the simplest of tools and embellishments can bring the magic!
- Check out two more very simple card designs, with sketches supplied to create your own.
Class Three: Now let’s step it up a lot and give that ‘Know How’ turbo power!
In this section you will …..
- Learn how to use the tools that give your projects the Wow Factor!
- Learn the secret of successful card batching and how to become a card making Hero!
- Review what you’ve learned about the basic rule of card design.
- Check out two more beautiful card designs, with sketches supplied to create your own. AND …
- Learn how to make it MORE than just greetings cards. Get a bonus 3D project to make!
- Make sure you’ve signed up to my Free Newsletter to hear when I post new Blog and YouTube material. Not to mention all the hints, tips, tutorials and promotions you’ll get.
- Follow me on my Facebook Page.
- Join my Craic and Crafting Facebook Group where you can inspire and be inspired in a wonderful community of crafters.
- Follow me on YouTube.
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- And finally, remember you can always contact me directly with any questions, comments or just to say ‘Hi’. 🙂 email@example.com
My biggest tip!
Purchase your craft product wisely!
Before I found Stampin’ Up! I spent an absolute fortune on craft products. Running from one craft shop to another. (Online and on High Street) Picking up every bit of glitter, sparkle, ribbon etc. You get the picture.
BUT ….. whilst some of the product quality was good, I found it SO difficult to find products that easily coordinated and complimented each other. I ended up with LOADS of product, but none of it worked well together.
THEN … I found Stampin’ Up! Wow, what an eye opener. It took all the hard work (and wasted money) out of my crafting. My idea of Craft Heaven. 🙂
Don’t take my word for it. Check it out for yourself! The secret of great crafting with minimal effort!
Are you like me and prefer to get your hands on a hard copy catalogue?
If so, get on to my Free Catalogue Mailing List now! Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org then prepare to stick the kettle on and relax with a great catalogue.
Can’t wait for your catalogue to arrive?
No problem! You simply check it all out, right here, right now! 🙂
Purchasing Wisely and Cost Effectively:
My All-Time Favourite Card Crafting Products
Your ‘Must Have’ tools to get you started …..
All About Inks …..
Super Stamp Sets …..
Amazing Adhesives for every project …..
Perfect Papers for all projects …..
All Inclusive Kits and Project Kits:
Are you new to card crafting or just want projects that you can put together quickly? Then these are perfect for you! All-Inclusive Kits or Project Kits. The choice is yours. 🙂
Perfectly coordinated Product Suites take the guesswork out of combining colours, designs and accents therefore making it easy, so you can make it fun!
Click on the banner below and see how you can make these Product Suites work for you.
There is so much more I could show you however it’s much better that you get yourself a cuppa, relax, and browse all the amazing crafting potential within the pages of the catalogue.
And remember, I’m always here to help so feel free to contact me at any time. 🙂
Contact me: – email@example.com
Thanks for stopping by today.
Until next time 🙂
This page is continually ‘Work In Progress’ to make improvements.
Feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions or indeed, suggestions. 🙂 firstname.lastname@example.org