Have you seen the example project for the new Rectangle Stitched Framelits Dies on the new Occasions Catalogue page cover? I’ve just purchased mine and these are a MUST to add to your craft stash. Not only are they rectangular, which we hadn’t had before, but they also stitch on the positive and the negative. This example shows how the Rectangle Stitched Framelits Dies can be used to make a gorgeous frame. Isn’t it fab! This makes for a quick and easy greetings card which is so handy when we need a card in a hurry. I’ve created a handy product list for you at the bottom of this post. Be sure to check it out.
If you’ve not got your own copies of the current/new catalogues, then email me now to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will pick up with you directly.
To make this project, use the lovely Needle & Thread stamp set. This can actually be purchased as a bundle with the coordinating dies where you would get a 10% saving overall. Savings are always good, right? Absolutely!
And of course you’ll need the Rectangle Stitched Framelits Dies.
Did you notice that these Needlepoint Elements Framelits Dies also have the stitched style of the Rectangle Stitched Framelits Dies? How perfect is this to coordinate. Aren’t they just beautiful.
This project just couldn’t be simpler to make.
- Determine what size your card front is going to be. Mine would be 10.5cm x 14.8cm so I would cut Whisper White card to 14.8cm x 21cm and score and fold at 10.5cm. I should mention that the Handy Product List only lists standard Whisper White Cardstock and you may wish to look at using the Thick Whisper White Cardstock for cardbases and keep the standard Whisper White Cardstock for stamping and die cutting. It’s personal preference.
Die Cutting Rectangle Stitched Framelits Dies.
- To make the frame, choose your Rectangle Stitched Framelits Die that is the size of frame that you wish to use. I determine this by measuring the ‘inside’ of the die to know what size of area will be visible once I’ve cut the frame.
- Now you will also need to pick the next die that is larger then the previously chosen die. These 2 dies nested together when die cutting, will produce your frame. Ideally you would die cut these on the fantastic Magnetic Platform, however if you don’t have that yet, I suggest that you simply place a little piece of washi tape, or low tack tape, over the nested dies to hold them in position when you are die cutting. Die cut from the Petal Pink Cardstock and that’s your fabulous frame made. Easy!
Decorate the cardbase
- To make the card base, simply trim your Subtles Designer Series Paper to match the size of the front of your cardbase and adhere using your preferred adhesive. My preference is always Multipurpose Liquid Glue, as it gives you some wriggle time to get things straight. Alternatively you could use Tear & Tape.
Stamping and colouring
- Now stamp those lovely Needle & Thread flowers etc using the gorgeous Classic Stampin’ Pad colours listed below, then die cut using the Needlepoint Elements Framelits Dies. Attach to cardfront using a mixture of – adhesive for some elements – and Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals for others. The dimensionals add some wonderful interest to the finished card. Isn’t your cardfront building up beautifully now!
- Using Versamark inkpad, stamp your sentiment on to Night of Navy Cardstock. I recommend using the Embossing Buddy prior to this to condition your cardstock in preparation for heat embossing. Heat emboss, being careful not to get your fingers in the way of the Heat Tool. Now you can either cut this out by hand using your paper snips or die cut it using the supplied die, and if you wish, you can straighten the ends with your paper snips. Mount on to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Add the Bling
- That only leaves us to finish by adding some gorgeous embellishments. How dull would our crafting life be without our gorgeous bling and embellishments! And in typical Stampin’ Up! style, they have supplied coordinating embellishments for this. Check out the Happiness Blooms Enamel Dots in the handy product list below.
- Don’t forget to stamp or write inside the card. And make sure that you have the coordinating Whisper White envelopes to put it in.
Here are some more project examples from the catalogue to inspire you.
I don’t know what the weather is like where you live, but right now, looking out my craftroom window, the skies are pretty overcast and gloomy. That being so, these fabulous cards with their beautifully bright colours will put a smile on anyone’s face. Who will you make your cards for? I have some more little projects that I’d made using the Rectangle Stitched Framelits Dies. As I know you will just love to see these, I will add links at the bottom of this post.
Handy Product List:
If you’d like to browse the catalogues whilst waiting for your own copies to arrive, then click the links below.
And if you shop today (or up until end of March, 2019)
you can choose stunning FREE gifts from the fabulous Sale-A-Bration Catalogue!
So, that’s it for today
Until next time