Paper Piecing with Santa Suit
Oh I’m so excited to share with you this simple but gorgeous little Santa Suit Christmas card I used as part of our monthly Christmas craft classes. The technique is paper piecing with Santa Suit. This is a super fun, easy technique that opens up lots of possibility with your stamping.
- It’s really quite simple. For this Santa Suit project, I stamped my ever-s0-cute little Santa on to some gorgeous DSP (this DSP is from retired stock) using Basic Black Ink Pad. I then just fussy cut his Jammies/Pyjamas/PJ’s. (in other words I cut off his head, hands and feet. It sounds so brutal!)
- Then I simply stamped him again on to Whisper White cardstock – twice.
- From one of these stamped images, I cut out his little pants patch and his hair with my paper snips. From the other I cut out his whole shape. If you’ve got the Santa Builder Framelits Dies you could use these instead of fussy cutting.
- Now here is where the magic begins! I used my new Ivory Stampin’ Blends Marker to colour in his skin. This is the absolute perfect tone for this. I couldn’t have been more thrilled with the result. It’s a perfect skin tone.
- Next I adhered his jammies (pyjamas/PJ’s) on to the cut out Santa with some Multipurpose Liquid Glue. I love this glue as it gives you a few second wriggle room to make sure you’ve your piece lines up perfectly. Then adhered his hair and his pants patch to the piece. A little Wink of Stella (clear) looks amazing on his hair.
- As you can see I used the same technique on his little night-cap. Again with a little Wink of Stella to add the gorgeous shimmer.
- Die cut Layering Circles from Red Glimmer Paper and Whisper White cardstock. I used Real Red Stampin’ Write Marker to hand draw the stitches. Mount the little Santa on to this using Dimensionals. Check out the Mini Dimensionals too if you’ve not done so yet. They’re brilliant!
- Real Red Mini Tinsel Trim made a lovely bow. To be honest when I first seen this in the catalogue I wasn’t too fussed on it but boy am I glad I bought it. It’s just gorgeous and you get a Silver roll too in the combo pack.
- Red Glimmer Stars were added (sorry this is a retired punch but I couldn’t resist using it) and of course our lovely Rhinestone Basic Jewels just added that extra special bling.
A simply gorgeous little card you’ve got to try for yourself. I’m afraid the photo doesn’t do it justice. (I’m no great shakes at photography!) Please do let me know what you think of the project. I love to hear from you.
And make sure you check back in again. I’ve some more lovely Christmas projects for you over the next few days. The next one will be a very special Christmas card using acetate. I just love it. 🙂
I’ve added a convenient little list of products used, at bottom of post. To check them out simply click on the item.
Make sure that you’re not missing out on the current Online Extravaganza – AND – there’s FREE SHIPPING on the 27th!
This would be the perfect time to order Santa Suit Bundle as free shipping on 27th makes your purchase a ‘double bargain’ when you save 10% (on stamp and dies cost) when you bundle, plus you save on postage! Win/Win!
You can order directly from my online store.
See below for more detail.
Until 26 November shop exclusive sales and deals on select items.
Online Extravaganza Deals end on 26 November at 10:59 PM (GMT).
Free shipping on Cyber Monday!
- Whisper White A4 Thick Cardstock 
- Whisper White A4 Card Stock 
- Whisper White C6 Envelopes 
- Red Glimmer Paper 
- Mini Tinsel Trim Combo Pack 
- Rhinestone Basic Jewels 
- Clear Wink Of Stella Glitter Brush 
- Santa’s Suit Photopolymer Bundle 
- Stampin’ Trimmer 
- Big Shot 
- Paper Snips Scissors 
- Liquid Multipurpose Glue 
- Stampin’ Dimensionals 
- Ivory Stampin’ Blends Marker 
- Brights Stampin’ Write Markers 
- Layering Circle Framelits Dies