If you are on my mailing list you will already have received exclusive Subscriber preview access to the ‘easily add glitter to your greetings cards’ post. If you’re not on my mailing list, read on, as you will love this project. 🙂
Don’t you just love glittery Christmas cards! There is no better time to break out the glitter than Christmas. There are so many ways to use glitter so I thought I’d start by showing you how to easily add glitter to your greetings cards using Sticky Embossing Powder. This ensures that the glitter actually stays on the card and if you’re not already familiar with Dazzling Diamonds Glitter then I will introduce you to that as it’s definitely the best glitter I’ve ever used. The glitter is so fine and has the highest sparkle effect.
Today, I’ve a short video tutorial (below) that will show you the technique. And if you’d like to make the project for yourself, there is further detail on the finished project, just below the video.
I will soon be posting another video tutorial for you, to show how to use this wonderful sticky powder to easily add glitter to your WHOLE card. It’s so much easier than using the drier sheet technique. At least that’s my belief. You definitely won’t want to miss that one as it’s one of my favourite projects, and it will show you another idea for stamping the trees.
And I’ll also include links to other posts that may be relevant to the products used in today’s project. These will be at the very bottom of the post.
Easily add glitter
I need help with my stitching!
Now, I would ask you to please excuse the stitching on this project. I’d just recently bought a mini sewing machine and can’t get the tension set up correctly to stitch on cardstock. I will definitely need to call on one of my friends to help me with this going forward.
And I’m pretty rubbish at photography!
And sadly, I’m not very good at getting good, clear photographs of glitter, sparkle or shimmer on my projects. I’m about as proficient at photography, as I am at sewing. I’m always slightly envious of people who have these wonderful skills.
So you will have to trust me when I say the glitter on this card is just STUNNING. The trees sparkle so beautifully. Out of all the glitter I’ve used over the years, Dazzling Diamonds glitter is definitely the best, in my opinion. But don’t take my word for it, you’ve got to try it out for yourself to see what I mean. I have no doubt you will love it too.
Versatility is key!
I was so delighted to see these products carried over from last years catalogue, so I can continue to show you how beautiful they are and inspire you to get creating your own gorgeous projects.
Like you, I love to get full value for my money. So, I love products that are versatile, and can be used all year round, and not just for a season. And today’s stamps and dies are perfect for that reason. It’s so easy to turn these trees to suit all seasons. From winter sparkling frost, to autumns rich colours, to gorgeous spring freshness and summer softness. I will create other projects later on, when I get the chance, to illustrate what I mean.
And of course you can create all sorts of beautiful scenes using the small deer from the Dashing Deer stamp set. They’re not just for Christmas, you know!
I will supply you with a handy product list at the end of this post as I’m sure you will want to know more about the product used. And of course, make sure you have a Die Cutting/Embossing Machine if you are going to purchase the dies. 😉
And if you would like to receive your own FREE copy of the gorgeous catalogues, drop me an email to email@example.com and I will get back to you.
In the meantime, enjoy the video and don’t forget to check out the further project detail below too. 🙂
To make the project …..
- Cardbase: – Night of Navy cardstock – 10.5cm x 29.6cm – score and fold at 14.8cm (basically cut a piece of A4 cardstock down the middle and fold in half)
- Snow banks: – Whisper White cardstock – 10.5cm x 6.5cm (you will need 2 of these) approx 4-1/8″ x 2-5/8″
- Deer: – Whisper White cardstock – 9.5cm x 6.5cm – approx 3-3/4″ x 2-5/8″
- Sentiment: – Night of Navy cardstock – 6cm x 1.5cm – approx 2-3/8″ x 5/8″
- Strip: – Night of Navy cardstock – 10.5cm x 0.5cm – approx 4-1/8″ x 1/4″
- Envelope: – C6 Whisper White envelope
Once you’ve created your sparkly trees cardbase
you can complete the project design as detailed below.
- Cut the snowbanks using the thin edgelit die. One piece will be cut at an angle and the other will be cut along the top edge.
- Use Embossing Buddy on sentiment cardstock prior to stamping sentiment with Versamark Inkpad. This will avoid excess embossing powder getting stuck where you don’t want it to stick.
- Cover the stamped sentiment with White Embossing Powder then use Heat Tool to apply heat and activate the embossing powder.
- Stamp deer on the Whisper White cardstock using Night of Navy Classic Inkpad and die cut from the Detailed Deer dies.
- The snowbanks and navy strip can be adhered to cardstock using Multipurpose Liquid Glue and the sentiment and deer can be adhered using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Adhere your insert using Multipurpose Liquid Glue to the inside of the card. Decorate as desired.
- And of course, don’t forget to decorate your envelope. 🙂
Check this out!
Here’s also a quick video for you, so you can see how wonderful the Winter Woods Bundle is! It shows you lots of lovely tips and tricks to get the most fun from this set. The Winter Woods Bundle ties back to the Lovely As A Tree Stamp Set and the current Rooted In Nature Bundle. Now you can have lots of different trees for every season! And any product with trees can be used in so many ways for so many occasions. They’re really a great item to have in your craft stash.
Handy product list:
And some more inspiration:
simply click on the links to check them out
Until next time. Thanks for stopping by today. Be sure to check in again soon.
To receive regular updates on blog posts, promotions, hints, tips and inspiration make sure you are on my Happy Mail – Free e-newsletter mailing list.